Re: [IRCA] Tips for TP reception EAST of the Rockies? (i.e. in Missouri)

At 10:11 2006-11-02, Andy Stewart wrote:

>Anybody got any tips for *TP* reception this far east of the Rockies?
>Obviously, early morning is mandatory as a time to tune, but might be
>the BEST time to try--how long before local sunrise, in other words? (I
>figure post-sunrise is probably not an option this far inland...)

I listen from a rural area at about 50N96W (about 80 km due east of
Winnipeg MB) and over the past few years the most reliable TP has
been  4BC Brisbane on 1116 - often with good audio and lots of
understandable IDs. It and others heard from down under have been
best after local sunrise using a 1500 foot wire strung through trees
aimed at Australia (almost due west here).

The great circle route from here (or from Springfield) to Japan/Korea
goes over Alaska so almost the whole path is over land which probably
explains why we have heard almost nothing from there.

As for Asian longwaves all I have logged are R. Moscows on 162
parallel to 171 and on 189 parallel to 153 and those were years ago.

George McLachlan
Winnipeg MB