[IRCA] Follow up - Oct. 22 at Grayland Beach State Park

[IRCA] Follow up - Oct. 22 at Grayland Beach State Park

After returning from my three nights at Grayland, I was greeted with a 12
hour day at work on Monday, so I didn't get the chance to wrap up my
comments on the Grayland DXpedition.

After the excitement of Monday the 23rd reported by Patrick, it would be
anticlimactic for me to go into much detail about Sunday the 22nd. There was
lots of audio, but nothing spectacular. The signals did not stay in as late
as on the 21st; fadeout was 1500-1530 for most TPs that were lingering on.

Most interesting to me was signs of audio on 1475, presumed Malaysia. I
haven't had audio from 1475 since the fall of 2004 when I had a nice
reception of RTM from home in Puyallup. I camped on 1475 from 1430 to 1450,
hoping that the strong carrier would develop into audio. Right at 1450 I
began to hear scraps of talking by a male announcer, but it was gone by
1452. The level was too low to even ID the language, but this gives me hope
that we might log RTM on 1475 again some day.

I'll have a full bandscan report of the three days of DX along with other
information on antennas, the SDR-1000, and a couple of interesting
screenshots of the longwave NDB frequencies up on my blog by this weekend. I
believe I also have a couple of comparison MP3 files to post.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA
www.sdr-1000.blogspot.com