[IRCA] DX Conditions 10/20

Greetings,

Not a bad morning after the heavy solar activity the last couple of
days. Conditions bounced back a bit with some CC in this morning with
decent signals. 918 CRN2 was fair with echo CC, 945 was // to 981. CRI
1044 in JJ noted. Also CC on 1071, CRI 1323 in RR. The powerhouse JJ
were ok in signal, but not over powering. KK 972 was strong. CC on 639
at 1430 also.
   One interesting side note, with the addition on the WNW EWE a few
months back, I find that one picks up my neighbors light dimmer, leaving
the SW EWE clear of the noise. Before I added the NWN EWE, the SW EWE
got more noise. The WNW EWE does pick up TPs a bit better that the SW
EWE in many cases, but we are splitting hairs. But it is nice the WNW
EWE is working as a noise pick up antenna. I am not talking about big
noise anyway and it is only below 750 khz.
   Another side note, the latest addition of KKPZ 1330 adding IBOC, I
found this morning that the WNW EWE has a beautiful null on KKPZ. Off
the SW EWE I do get a bit of IBOC hash on CRI 1323 in RR, but off the
WNW EWE, no IBOC hash. Off the SW EWE KKPZ 1330 is about S9, off the WNW
EWE it is S7 or so. Just enough difference to distroy the hash. So I
guess the secret is to have antennas that give you no more than about S7
picking up an IBOC signal on an IBOC signal,  But that is not always
possible. hi.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin