Re: [IRCA] Dump AM IBOC, Move the AM Band, re:HDTV comment

Re: [IRCA] Dump AM IBOC, Move the AM Band, re:HDTV comment

Kevin,

HDTV is not mandated. Digital TV is and it is only over the air. Those
who have Direct TV, Dish, or cable will not be affected. The only thing
here will be the over the air translators. I guess if I want to continue
getting Portland TV, I will have to get a digital tuner. I will, or
maybe I will buy an HDTV set by that time. But no, HDTV is not mandated,
just going digital is.  Are there are digital TV sets out there now that
are not HDTV? I have not seen any analog sets with a digital tuner
inside. Some HDTV sets even come without the digital tuner. That is not
going to do the OTA viewers much good, but again most people are wired
for satellite or cable anyway.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin