Re: [IRCA] Dump AM IBOC, Move the AM Band, re:HDTV comment

Re: [IRCA] Dump AM IBOC, Move the AM Band, re:HDTV comment

> Bullpuckey, on two accounts.

Heh....

When it comes to OTA TV, analog is dead 2/17/09. Thus sayeth the
government. You can use the monitor for all kinds of stuff, just you
won't be using it for OTA directly without some sort of converter.

> As for Russ' assertion that HDTV sets are still overpriced, I've been
> pricing them out, and if I wanted to, I could replace the 27" analog
> Sony in my family room with a 26" 16:9 HD LCD, ATSC tuner and all, for
> as little as $699 right now.

I bought a 30" Sanyo Set with ATSC and NTSC for $450. Thats
reasonable. They aren't overpriced any more.

My preference would have been some analog backwardsly compatible
method, but that is water under the bridge.

All I can say is that I get further DX reception via GW and with a
clearer picture with DTV than analog. I many never see another
station via Es but for GW DTV is vastly superior.

Kevin