[IRCA] Very Good (Chinese) Morning: TPs 18 Oct.

[IRCA] Very Good (Chinese) Morning: TPs 18 Oct.

Walt and I were listening to the same band, for sure.  The Japanese
were subdued as were the KKs to a lesser degree. I still had over 50
audios, with some very interesting things in the mix.  675 Viet Nam
was doing as well or better than I've heard them this Fall., So too
Thailand on 1575 and 891. Except for a second 15 minute run up the
dial, I've been listening to a great traditional Thai mx show on
891.  I'm still listening/recording  it at 1458. Honestly, most of it
has been marginal, though there have been several nice peaks.  No top
of the hour at 1500, unfortunately.

Other items of interest:

720 Was all Korean, rather than NAm the two times that I passed by
828 Had EE for a while that was NOT // to the other usual NHKs (they
were running beginning CC) I think this must have been the Beijing
News station, but the discusson was more personal than news.  Faded
down to mix with the NHK2 outlet, of course.  Nice CNR2 echos on 918.
1278 Heilongjiang (fairly rare here) was booming in.

30 minutes after dawn, as I type, 747//774 NHK2, 945//1377 CNR1 and
1575 are ALL booming in, with a number of other audios still left.

Sometimes there are a few advantages to being old and retired. It is
8:15AM on a week day here! Time for breakfast and my post-DXing nap!

John B.