From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Nigel Pimblett
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 10:40 AM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] TP or lack thereof

With the solar activity, and some auroral-style reception I was noting
last night, I wasn't surprised at a total lack of TPs here this
morning.   Did have a lot of DU carriers, though only 5 produced any
sort of audio.  Like Nick I noted the off-channel signal on 774.
Inspired by Nick's presentation at Seaside I'd downloaded Spectran, and
have been playing with it a bit.  Running the audio on it showed that
the two signals were about equal in strength.  Both were much better on
my DU beverage than my Asiatic antenna.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta