Re: [IRCA] WTIX-980 Winston Salem NC?

--- Bob Foxworth <rfoxwor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The fact that a brand new station, not even established
> in its market, has had to change format so soon would
> lead a reasonable person (or me, anyway...) to assume
> that this station had not done its market survey to try
> and identify where they could fit in, in terms of offering
> a salable format that could attract listeners.

*** I believe that for many local stations, not group-owned, that's not
uncommon, especially people who've never run a station before. They
might think that because a format isn't in their market or appears
under-represented, that it will be viable. Or they may seriously
underestimate the time ( and money ) it takes to become established in
the market and to become viable even if they picked a format with some
degree of research.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]