[IRCA] They're Baaack: TP on 28 Sept

Friends....

After several dawns of quite mediocre TP reception here in NW
Washington state, conditions do seem to have finally
rebounded.  Reception was still best to Japan, but a good number of
Chinese stations were in well. The biggest hit for me was hearing JJ
on 738.  There is a huge Korean that usually dominates that
frequency, but this morning, I had decent level JJ top the KK from
1348 until about 1359.... it slowly faded down to miss the TOH, of
course.  Since this is either a 5 kW in Okinawa or a 5+1 Commercial
Synchro in northern Honshu (more likely, of course) I just stopped my
bandscan and took notes+recording. Other signals of note: 963: CNR
Russian was superb, Beijing was in on 1026, 1377, CNR-1 and 1305
CNR-2 were both doing very well, though late in the opening, 1305,
presumed CNR-2, sure sounded Korean.  It could have been the lone KBS
relay on that frequency.... or it could have been a non-standard
Chinese dialect..  The frequency bears watching.

Local sunrise here is 1408 and usually I enjoy very little post-LSR
action.  This morning saw most signals fade down relatively soon
after LSR, but some of the stronger signals lasted a while at good
levels. 774 Japan lasted at a decent level until after 1436 and 1575
Thai-VOA was great until a fade to poor at 1436.  It lasted at
poor-but-continuous until 1447 before it started to break up....
WOW!  40 minutes after LSR is some kind of record here for audio.

Patrick, I'll bet 891 was there from Thailand at max dawn, but I was
invested in the situation on 738.... a bird in the hand, etc.

I'm gonna try to arrange some time at Grayland early next week, for
sure.... I can't make the Oct. 5-8 do there, but maybe before then....

Is this fun or what!!!