[IRCA] Anyone have any info on the status of construction of WPEN's daytime power increase?

[IRCA] Anyone have any info on the status of construction of WPEN's daytime power increase?

When WPEN received a CP to increase its night power to 21 kW and move its
nighttime transmitter site to the WWDB site in E Norriton, work got underway
almost immediately and was completed in record time (six months or so,
IIRC). When that work was complete, WPEN applied for and was granted an
increase to 25 kW days from its existing day site in West Philadelphia. The
25 kW-D operation will use the three towers that used to constitute the old
5-kW night array. Since I don't live near Philly, I can't go to the site to
see if there is any obvious activity (and there might be nothing visible
because no tower construction is required). I also can't listen for any
clues about work being done (such as the station operating with reduced
daytime power). Does anyone have any info on the state of this project? It
certainly seems to be progressing more slowly than the night upgrade did.

When the work is complete, WPEN will have a dynamite daytime signal in
Philadelphia and South Jersey, but the signal along the Main Line, in places
like Bryn Mawr and Haverford, will actually decease very slightly
(presumably, not enough to be noticeable).

And speaking of 950, anybody know what's become of WROL's application for 5
kW-N and CoL change to Revere MA, using a new three-tower in-line DA to be
constructed by adding two-towers to the existing single tower used for
daytime 5-kW ND operation?

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@xxxxxxx
eFax 707-215-6367