Re: [IRCA] Broadcast Test Coordinator/QSL Manager?

Re: [IRCA] Broadcast Test Coordinator/QSL Manager?

My two cents...

Les, the option that you offer is certainly better than the alternative. I
don't generally collect QSLS from stations anymore, however when I do hear a
test that I've looked forward to, _and_ make the effort to record and
actually send a report, I do expect the courtesy of a reply. Any reply. To
be perfectly honest, the non-replies from WISN and WRCG were very
disappointing to me and caused me to lose interest in reporting to testing
stations. I mean, if they don't care enough to reply, why should I make the
effort to report?

While I do very much appreciate a CE (and you, as coordinator) arranging and
actually making a test a reality, a reply acknowledging our efforts as DXers
seems like the logical reciprocal effort. To that end, yes, if the CE is
unable or unwilling to reply to our reports, then I would certainly welcome
a verification (or not) of reception from you. As you say, the recording
will at least be scrutinized and confirmed if you make the effort.

Alternatively, it would be interesting to know up front, before the test, if
the CE is planning on verifying correct reports.

Ultimately, of course, my recording of the test is all the proof that I need
to confirm the reception. However, if I make the effort to send the
recording off for verification, the common courtesy would be a reply from
the person responsible for that job. The fact that it is from you and not
the station does not make it any less valid.

Again, thanks for your efforts.

Bruce Bacon N7BWB
Boise County, ID