[IRCA] TP for 20 Sep 06

Started monitoring from 13:05 UTC to 14:00.  Initially a pretty miserable morning with hardly any audios at anything more than threshold.  But, at 13:30, things really picked up.  CRI Russian on 963 was very nicely heard....one of the nicest signals I've ever heard from them here.  My most interesting frequency was 846 which seemed in English.  I'm pretty sure I heard an ID for Radio National at 13:58, but as luck would have it things faded down just before 14:00.  I'm assuming this is the Radio National transmitter in Australia.  612 4QR was audible weakly.  HLAZ 1566 was only poorly heard, whereas 1575 was better (a 7).  Also of interest was 1305 which was possibly in Russian at 13:50....that would be Mayak.  A total of 29 audios, but most of these threshold only (a 6/10).  In hindsight, should have slept in until 13:30 and then monitored! .......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC