Re: [IRCA] Zenith radios

--- Tom L Jones <ka1yhi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>          Has anyone DXed with one of the hi end
> 1950's  Zenith table
> radios??
> Its been years since I worked on them but I think
> they had an
> AM RF amp & used a  PTO. You could also disconect
> the internal
> loop antenna & hook up your own.
>          Been seing a lot of them at junk shops for
> $35 & I am
> tempted.  If nothing else the look & sound 100 times
> better
> than what the Chincoms are making now...........
> Comments pls.

> 73
> Tom Jones
> Mason N.H.

If you are talking about the Zenith "High Fidelity"
...I have some. NO tuned RF stage on AM, but they are
quite sensitive, and quite wide. FM does have PTO.
Hearing one playing standard bandwidth music on AM
makes you wonder this about IBOC....WHY?

I do have a Zenith AA6. Yes an all American 6, the
extra tube for the tuned RF stage. AM only. Moves
air....

Powell

w4opw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NNNN!