Re: [IRCA] KAST nice catch

Dennis & Mike,

None of the coastal stations get out well inland. They really never
have. The Coast Range blocks them and most have such old ground systems,
they don't get out as well as they once did. You will hear them out
here. Unless you are a few miles from the towers, the signal drops off
quickly. I live 5.9 miles from from KAST (my closest local) and Butte or
San Jose are easy to hear at night. KKEE 1230 at 7.1 miles is impossible
to hear at night without the background jumble. It is on top most
nights, but not QRM free. KSWB 840 is the best out of the three, being
on a lower frequency and without as strong of QRM, even at 500 watts
night. I am 8.9 miles from KSWB. But I can phase them out, but a bit
more touchy and being rock music makes a difference too.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.