[IRCA] Another SUPER morning or where do I start?

[IRCA] Another SUPER morning or where do I start?

Greetings all,

Another unbelieveable TP morning, but just about all of it Northern
Asians for the most part. Koreans, Japanese, Northern Chinese, and
Russians everywhere. Pick a frequency, there was at least 1, 2, 3, or
more on a channel except for a few domestic splits like 900, 990, 1080,
1170, 1260, 1350, etc. There were TPs on most of the channels.
   The highlights this morning were the Russians. 612 had an Opera and
man in RR, 1062 was Mayak, and even just after 1400 Russian o/u KGO-810.
1062 is lp. Also Russian on 1602.
   No Mongolia today, but about everything else in Northern Asia.
Chinese on 1053 on top of JOAR and jammer for a time, presume Yambien.
   An American pastor in EE on 801 khz at 1415, presumed to be the
usual, Guam there.
  A pile up of JJ/CC on 540 at 1415. CNR with their multible sites made
it hard to understand with the delay between transmitters, giving a
strong "echo effect"
   JOCR 558 was mixing with the Korean, as well as JOIK-567 mixing with
the Korean there, same was trye for 576, plus some Ruusian inbetween.
   Another CC channel was 918 with the echo effect of several CC
transmitters. Strong CC on 981 also. Russian on 1008 with JONR QRMing
them.
   Drat, no filipinos though. I have been hoping for a good opening to
the Philippines, but no such luck as yet. The low solar numbers have the
Northern Asians covering the dial morning after morning.
   Oh yes, strong KK on 648, presume to be the FE Russian there with
Foreign service. They run 1 megawatt.
   It sounded like Vietnam on 675 in passing also, but not on 549, just
Russian there.  I did not detect Thailand on 891 this morning, 1575 was
there, but not too strong. HLAZ was much stronger.
   But the Russians were something else. So many in the 1-50 KW range
that are unusual to hear.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.