Re: [IRCA] Sweden 1179 best ever heard in IL tonite

Re: [IRCA] Sweden 1179 best ever heard in IL tonite

I'm not sure how close they can be, but I don't think you want them coupling
strongly together or they may end up with all signals in phase and then when
you phase null the pest station all stations are reduced in level.

My Phased BOG System is not a classic 2 wire bidirectional Bev what so ever.
A two wire bidirectional Bev uses two wires the same length and one of them
is grounded at the far end to create a 180 deg phase reversal of back end
signals back the the feedline transformer. Now a switch can be used along
with a 180 deg xfmr and either the front or back end will be in phase while
the opposite end nulled.

I achieve a similar effect by using // wires of different lengths and
phasing them. This means I don't have to worry about ground connections and
also means that (like I do to the west here) I can terminate both wires to
ground to further reduce back end signals prior to phase nulling them much
deeper.

As for 300 ohm twin lead..well if elevated bidirectional Bevs work with it,
I suppose my setup would also. But you'd want to cut away the extra wire on
the shorter side I think. Doesn't 300 ohm twin lead kink up when unrolled ?
I don't have mych experience with it, but using two separate wires as I do
is very easy. You can roll each one up on a cord winder and even carry one
in each hand as you walk out to lay down the BOGs.

73 KAZ .. off to Grafton soon