Re: [IRCA] WRHC-1550

John,

Good catch!

What would be unlikely but add to the situation, is if you had heard the
presumed Cuban jammer that lately has been running against WRHC on 1550.

It appears to be intermittent, so not hearing it may be because it wasn't
there versus it not making the trip to you.  On several checks last night I
did not hear the jammer, though it had been on previous nights.  WRHC is
too strong here daytimes to hear the jammer, though it has been heard early
evenings on the FL Gulf coast.

As close as I am to the likely source, the whooping signal (at a 2x/sec
rate) can usually only be heard during fade outs of WRHC, but as
propagation often defies imagination, it still might be heard in the mix
you describe.  DFing by Paul Zecchino on FL's west coast points due south
toward Cuba.

As regards WRHC night power, I've not noticed anything to suggest they
operate out of spec.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan