Re: [IRCA] NE Oregon TPs, Wednesday

At 07:26 AM 9/13/2006, Steve Ratzlaff wrote:

>I thought this was a good morning for TPs, with audio on perhaps 15 MW
>channels; LWBC with usual strong from Far East Russia but only a very weak
>het on 164 Mongolia today. MW 9kc hets were practically on every channel, if
>not producing some audio. The lower end of the band, below 1000kc seemed to
>be better. Audio first heard at 1225 utc, building up to about peak at
>1300-1315 utc, then tapering off, almost all gone by 1330 utc.
>Last evening, despite the non-ideal geomagnetic indices, did produce fairly
>decent LWBC TA/Transpolar audio, but only weak hets on MW.
>Steve
>NE Oregon
>R75, longwires

I'm glad, Steve that you made these comments.  Unfortunately the last couple of days, I've been sleeping in until after 13:30.  This morning I listened  from 13:53 and didn't hear a single TP audio, so I thought it must have been a very poor morning.  You can imagine my surprise when I realized that everyone else was giving a big thumbs up to reception this morning.  Moral of the story....get up before dawn! .......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC