Re: [IRCA] Who's the Old Standards Station on 1080 Khz?????????

On 9/3/06 10:23 AM, "willis" <k4ape@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In reference to KRLD, they have been news talk and sports for about 45
> years. The last time they played music in the early 60's when they did it in
> early morning hours with Hugh Lampman and American Airlines music till dawn.

This is not correct. Being a Dallasite, I have to tell you that your memory
failed you. They also had beautiful music for some time in the early 70s and
also at night for a while after that, there was an eclectic rock music show
until about 1973 called "Montage".  It always started out with a song from
Frank Zappa's album, Fillmore East 1971.

> The people here in southeastern Tennessee and north George don't know
> how to eat, they can't make BBQ.

And pork barbecue is as good as beef. Pork really is my preference but not
by much.

Kevin