Re: [IRCA] A Message from Scott Bailey, GM/CE WMRO-AM, Gallatin, TN

Re: [IRCA] A Message from Scott Bailey, GM/CE WMRO-AM, Gallatin, TN

Craig,

It is odd to look back on the GYer like KVAS that cheated to stay on 1
KW during ball games. Today the GYers are mostly 1 KW fulltime. You are
right, breaking the law is no excuse and if by some chance the FCC
monitored the station and took signal readings, the station would have
been nailed. But operating on 1 KW in 1974 on a Friday or Saturday
night, it was very unlikely that the station would have been caught.
Astoria is so far off the beaten path and over the mountains from
Portland where the field office was that it was really a non issue. I
did not like it though. There were times I was on the board and even
though the boss said to boost the power back up during the game, and I
did it as I wanted to keep my job, the FCC could have nailed me as well
as the owner. I did not like it, but had little choice.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.