Re: [IRCA] Dial up

Pat:

Don't give up hope of ever getting high speed. I didn't think I would ever get it up here, but I did. I had been using dial up for more than 9 years and was having the same problems you were, plus one more I never heard you mention. Every spring during winter breakup I would lose it due to there being so much noise on the phone lines. This was due to the juntion boxes becoming flooded. I too loooked into satellite, but it wasn't cheap because up here we have to pay for the equipment and installation, though prices had come down over the years. Plus I know someone who has it, and it is not as good as they make it out to be.

Then last month I found an ISP that started up useing a wireless system. They currently have a main tower and 3 relay towers. So I got in on that so now I have this small yagi antenna on my roof. It works great. About twice as expensive as dialup, but worth every penny.

Mike in St Isidore, AB