Re: [IRCA] Fall conditions or a hint of things to come

Re: [IRCA] Fall conditions or a hint of things to come

Steve,

Long time ago, I used to notice minor phase fades on WLW-700 from
Indianapolis (1960s) and this seemed to
be an indicator that especially good propagation was afoot...or in the
air...or something.

Daytime skywave just hardly seemed to exist in Indianapolis, and so when we
got assigned to Washington state,
I sat up and took notice of all-day skywave from (then) KSGO-1520 Oregon
City, and (then) KKHI-1550
under the local in Blaine (whatever it is now).

NC does have daytime skywave, but it seems to vary from one year to another.
Winter, there's lots of it; summer
is when it's variable.

What about other folks out there? What's your experience with daytime
skywave. Anyone know the reason for
such variations from one region to another?

73 de Charlie

Charles A Taylor, WD9INP/4
   Greenville, North Carolina