[IRCA] Fall conditions or a hint of things to come

[IRCA] Fall conditions or a hint of things to come

Gangue,

I noticed tonight that WMT on 600, which has been like a local all summer
long, was taking weird fades, with occasional phase distortion.  And CHWO
740, was loud early, with no fading, like it was November or later.

On a slightly different topic will anyone who has heard a group called "Vocal
Trash" email me off list.  If you have not seen them you are missing a treat.

On another topic more Radio related,  they have a LOT of auctions here in
Iowa.  Mostly estate sales.  My Wife is addicted to them and is rapidly
filling up our house and giant garage with stuff that interests her. Today
however she came home with a large wooden Motorola from the 40's in very,
very good condition which she got for $50.  And a box she got for $2 with a
bunch of different, working G.E transistor radios from the 50's early 60's.
I was ecstatic. I'll email photos tomorrow to anyone who is interested.

The Motorola has what looks like wood lattice work covering the 2 foot by 3
foot opening in the back, over the speaker.  A close look revealed an
interesting antenna built into the lattice.  It looks like it came from the
factory with this as it does not look home made.

Steve
--
73 49 111 01001001
Steve Hawkins NG0G