[IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: DX alert: - 1350 CKDO ON on day power, going for good to 1580 this weekend

[IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: DX alert: - 1350 CKDO ON on day power, going for good to 1580 this weekend

>I forced myself to listen to CKDO for about 20 minutes
> this morning.  The nice official sounding "legal" ID
> mentions 1350 and their FM on 107.7 as well as "60
> years of broadcasting".  Nothing about any move to
> 1580.
>
> Their website www.ckdo.ca also mentions nothing about
> the move.  I wonder when they plan to advise their
> actual listeners to move up the dial to 1580?

Yes, CKDO are running day power as of 2300 EDT, but I haven't heard any
testing on 1580, not even an open carrier.  If the move to 1580 was
imminent, wouldn't there be some kind of testing with music, tones or
carrier, as well as mentions of the upcoming frequency switch on the air and
on their web site?

I listened to Boots Day, John Boccabella, Ron Hunt, Mike Jorgensen, Hal
Breeden, Tim Foli, Steve Rogers and other early-1970s Expos on CKLB-1350, a
few years before the Blue Jays joined the AL. (and did you know that Ron
Fairly played for both the 1969 Expos and 1977 Blue Jays.. one of the only
players to play for two first-year expansion teams!)

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON

Attend the National Radio Club Convention
Labor Day Weekend in Akron Ohio
Visit http://www.nrcdxas.org Conventions