Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] DX alert: - 1350 CKDO ON on day power, going for good to 1580 this weekend

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] DX alert: - 1350 CKDO ON on day power, going for good to 1580 this weekend

I forced myself to listen to CKDO for about 20 minutes
this morning.  The nice official sounding "legal" ID
mentions 1350 and their FM on 107.7 as well as "60
years of broadcasting".  Nothing about any move to
1580.

Their website www.ckdo.ca also mentions nothing about
the move.  I wonder when they plan to advise their
actual listeners to move up the dial to 1580?

I have fond memories of using my Realistic TRF to null
Akron (WSLR) in order to be able to listen to CKDO
(back when they were CKLB).  CKLB was the "local"
station for the Montreal Expos in the late 1970s and
early 1980s.  And at some point (1979 ?) CKLB changed
calls to CKAR talking the calls that had previously
been on now-defunct 630-CFBK in Huntsville Ontario (if
I have my timeline correct)

Niel Wolfish
Toronto