Re: [IRCA] QSL Preservation, etc

> They have been taken out of the binders and placed in to (I assume
> acid-free) folders and grouped together geographically.
>
> Bill Harms
>
> On 9 Aug 2006 at 14:48, Russ Edmunds wrote:
>
> > Not sure how someone would be permitted to come in and scan them nor
> > how one might do that. I'd also wonder whether they might still be
in the
> > original binders the original owners had them in. Bill has been
there and
> > seen them, so...
> >
> > Russ

An idea for a project somewhat simpler than scanning ...
some archivist could just index everything in the
collection in table form, for reference

Example (this will format badly, I fear)

Call        Freq    Loc            Date        Format        Notes
Submitter    Folder

WABC    860    New York    1927    letter            EKKO stamp    Jones
27a

Someone could even dictate that into a recorder while viewing the
items, then prepare the list offsite at leisure so future visitors
would have an idea of what to look for and not spend hours with
possibly unwanted things.

No, I can;t do it, sorry. Just a thought. No one apparently knows
what even is held there, as of now. It would take a long time
to do all that.

- Bob