[IRCA] WHGG & WTNK 1090 TN on late

** U S A. Glenn, More on the WHGG 1090 Kingsport TN situation: transmitter is
less than 20 miles NE of my location. The night broadcasts come and go in
spurts; some nights they seem to run lower power than daytime --- Critical
Hours [1800 W] power? Other nights they sound like 10 kW. They do not have an
FM, run no ads overnight, but do legally ID TOH. Sounds here as if no bird;
guess is computer automated? They tend not to sign off at sunset, and broadcast
as late as 2 hours after sunset, with no sign off, just pull the plug in the
middle of an oldie. Lately, when they are not on all night, I have heard them
run as early as 5 AM [EDT = 0900 UT]. Don't know what to make of this bunch;
same folks run WPWT on 870, with the occasional carrier being left on. I do
enjoy this station, but understand that it is a pest at night. Have also heard
WTNK [also 1090] Hartsville TN in July on at night with what sounded like day
power, not 2 watts worth. Would like to see WHGG obey the regs and sign off
when they should (Ed from Johnson City TN, August 9, DX LISTENING DIGEST)