[IRCA] TP's LW Radio Rossii

Hello,

180 kHz Russia, Radio Rossii in at 1105 with S-3 signal and man in RR.  Heard on the Active Whip and the EWE. 8/9/06

279 kHz Russia Radio Rossii at 1137 with fair signal and // programming to 180 kHz.  8/9/06

774 kHz Japan, in a 1050 with weak signal and man in JJ.  8/9/06

1566 kHz  South Korea, HLAZ at 1052 with fair signal woman singing.  8/9/06

Have the KIWA hooked up to the R30 CC, no luck hearing any TP's.  Connected to the EWE the R30 was able to pull in the above stations with the exception of 279 kHz.  Harmonic from local BCB station heard on that frequency.

I have used the 28 gauge speaker wires for bogs at Grayland twice.  Both with good results.  2 bogs at about 800' each, West and one about 20 degrees south of the west bog.  Now have a Quantum Phaser and it will be interesting to use it a Grayland.  The best antenna was Chuck's 2,000' plus beverage at Grayland last April.

The bog I intend to set up at work will start out at 800'.  The soil is sandy, will check different lengths during the season.

73,

Dennis Vroom
Vancouver, WA
JRC 545