Re: [IRCA] [am] TA season, BOGs etc etc

In a message dated 8/8/06 4:23:35 PM Central Daylight Time, wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< > Anyone ever do a side by side comparison of small vs. larger gauge
 > wire?

 We are using heavier wire at Long Beach Island, and while we've neither
 made any comparisons nor any measurements, our experiences indicate
 that for BOG's on the sand at least, anything in excess of 1000'
 resulted in diminishing returns. We've largely settled on about 800'
 after using lengths from 500 to 1500' in the past.

 Russ Edmunds
 Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL ) >>

What if you can elevate the wire? Tree to tree through some woods or bush to
bush? Even lay it on top of tall grass?

John K9RZZ