Re: [IRCA] QSLs

Patrick,

Ernie's when to the NRC I believe. But they are protected. Too bad there
is no museum in the U.S.for QSLs, old receivers, etc. I will probably
leave mine to that committee to preserve them. I have not done anything
at all. My problem is, unless I find another partner in my life, I am
pretty much alone and it will be up to whoever is in control when I die
to get the QSLs to the right people. Which they might or might not do. I
don't know what ever happened to Ric Heald's QSLs either. Chuck
Boehnke's when to the Committe to Preserve them back East. But they did
not want Chuck's originial CB QSLs from the 40s. Ginny sent those to me.
I have no idea where I should send them, but there probably is some
outfit to handle that too. I did not not want those in the trash. With
3500+ QSLs and counting, by the time I pass on, the QSLs alone will
weigh a fair amount and will cost to have them shipped. Some DXers send
them on to preserve them before they pass on.
But you are right, it would be a real shame for them to go into the
trash.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.