Re: [IRCA] TA season

Here in Missouri last fall ('05) saw the best--indeed the ONLY--TA
conditions here since the mid-1990s.  Last season the most consistent
audio was from Spain-684 & Croatia-1134.  Also got really good audio one
night from a LW broadcaster, one of the French transmitters (don't have
my logbook handy to check, as I'm at work). The Saudi on 1521 was better
at producing a loud het than audio, though I did find audio there
occasionally.  Also TRACES of audio from Virgin Radio-1215 but never
anything to get excited about.  Croatia and Spain (and France on
longwave) were the only ones who ever produced audio to a
semi-"armchair-copy" level.

This far inland, it seems they're either in--or they aren't.  In fact,
it's more like a REVERSE propagation beacon sort of thing: if even
BSKSA-1521 isn't producing a 1-kc het against 1520, or if there's no
detectable carrier from RNE-684 or Croatia-1134, then there's no
propagation from here to Europe.

Randy Stewart
Springfield MO