[IRCA] TA season

At 18:51 04/08/2006, you wrote:
>Croatia 1134 is strong here in Maryland, and many time was stronger
>than Norway 1314.  Also, Saudi arabia 1521 is strong at times.
>Mauritania 783 is also loud, when conditions are favorable

Maybe we'll have a chance on Mauritania on the west coast this season
if things get really geomagnetically quiet.   Paradoxically, being
further south, it seems harder to hear here than the northern
Europeans, but I guess the Europeans skip through the auroral "donut
hole" , or are ducted somehow, while west Africans get absorbed by
the southern edges of the auroral zone.   In the winter of 1996, a
carrier on 783 was logged here just before the end of that quiet
period around Christmas, but never since.  Californians might have a
better chance at it...

best wishes,

Nick