[IRCA] Extreme light dimmer noise

I am in the DC area this week training with my Homeland Security team.
My lodging is on the 9th floor of a brand name upper middle class hotel.
I was hoping to do an evening scan of the AM band while I am here. It
turns out that every room in the hotel has 4 light fixtures equipped
with dimmers. There are literally hundreds of them. The entire AM band
is completely obliterated by the noise that they generate. I can't even
hear the most powerful of locals. I've heard about light dimmer noise
but have been fortunate to have never experienced it myself until now.
It is unbelievable. I don't see a brand name on the fixtures but they
were UL approved in December 2002 and are marked 'made in China'.

Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/