Re: [IRCA] O.T. - Internet help

At 04:53 PM 5/25/2006, you wrote:
>Have a O.T. question.
>
>Would someone please tell me what would be a GOOD internet company to go
>with???

Willis,

AOL and Earthlink are $25/mo., and I understand both are very helpful with
problems.

ISP.com is $9/mo. and their connects are good although somewhat slow during
peak hours. Juno and NetZero offer $10/mo.
"platinum" service (besides the "free"service) and their connects seem to
be good. Perhaps slow during peak hours, too.
Wal-mart offers WMConnect.com for $9/mo. My daughter goes with them and is
totally satisfied.

There is an ISP site on the Internet that has a loooong list of ISPs. If
you want, I'll locate it for you.

I used to be an "Earthy" (Earthlink), and Earthlink is a very good way to
go. I just don't need to pay $25/mo. for technical
service. All I need is a pair of copper wires and a dial-up number.

I expect you're not moving, so you can find a good local ISP and be
confident. Me, even though I'm still recovering from
cancer, I'm not a bit afraid to move across the street or across the
country. I want my ISP to go with me and ISP.com has
dial-ups most everywhere. Same for Juno and NetZero.

Not to change the subject, but I expect legislation someday to "force" ISPs
to be reliable because many commercial concerns
want an e-mail address as an effective legal address, and if your ISP
croaks you could be in real hurts.

73 de CharlieT

             ---------
Charles A & Leonor L Taylor