[IRCA] IBOC hash is SoCal

On Sunday morning on my drive back home from my morning run I tuned across the band in my Toyota truck. I noted several stations running IBOC at the lower end of the band. I typically don't listen there because I have a loud buzz below about 900 kHz. This buzz appeared last fall and I need to find out the source.

This evening I did a quick scan. I didn't check against a list of known IBOC stations. All done on my HQ-180A and 1 foot air core loop.

570 KLAC, 560 and 580 all hash
600 KOGO, 590 I can null and hear KTIE, 610 nothing
710 KSPN, 700 and 720 all hash
740 KBRT, 730 and 750 all hash
790 KABC, 780 hash and 800 XESPN weak in hash. Also 760 KFMB hard to hear now.
830 KMXE, 810, 820, 840 and 850 all hash and buzz
1020 KTNQ, 1010 nothing and 1030 XESDD with hash in background
1070 KNX, 1060 and 1080 all hash
1110 KDIS, 1100 and 1120 all hash

Unfortunately there are several frequencies that were good at sunset and they are probably gone now. I've even lost the ability to hear some San Diego/Tijuana area stations.

Martin Foltz
Mission Viejo CA