From: "Eric Floden" <eric.f99999@xxxxxxxxx>
<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2006 1:15 PM
Subject: [IRCA] connector problem?

greetings,

my AOR 7030+ is linked to my Kiwa loop via MFJ antenna switch (MFJ 1700B),
all using large screw-on connectors that the AOR manual refers to as
SO-239.  I have had this in place for several years now, relatively
stationery, though I have taken it apart on a few occasions.  I have noticed
of late that at least one of the connectors seems to conduct poorly; that
is, by moving the wire or screwing/un- the connection, I can find a position
that maies it conduct better.  That is, the signal will improve.

It seems that the cable(s) in question are intermittent.  Is this usual?
Is there a finite lifespan for these cables/connectors?  Is there
maintenance that can be done to extend their lives?

The local store I bought them from has closed and I have no idea where to
get these now, so routine replacement will take more effort

comments appreciated

ef
Vancouver