Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 1510 "Gospel Nights" - WPGR?

--- Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Les,
>
> I don't see why the FCC could not give a station
> 10-20 watts at night
> even on a clear channel. The QRM would be so slight,
> not to be an issue
> anyway.

On the high end of the band, NO.

> That way the small station could cover their
> city of license at
> least. KOHI 1600 St. Helens OR does well with 11
> watts after LSS. It
> does cover St. Helens, and a couple nearby towns,
> but that is it.
>
> Patrick Martin

WCAM uses their 27 watts at night. You might get 4
miles. This is an efficient set up  and works
correctly.  WTZQ 1600 in Hendersonville gets out at
night as well as the graveyarder. They don't cut
power. So the 1 KW at night covers the town of
Hendersonville BARELY. At the high end of the band, it
takes VERY little power to cause QRM by skip, but
takes a whole BUNCH of power to cover by groundwave,
and on the east coast ground conductivity is usually
exceptionally poor.  I expect Hendersonville, NC to
have conductivity under a 1.

Powell

w4opw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NNNN!