Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 1510 "Gospel Nights" - WPGR?

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 1510 "Gospel Nights" - WPGR?

I'm sure that's true, especially out West. Here in the East, even a 10-20
watt
authorization might not be enough to insure reliable nighttime coverage for
the city of license.

But I think everyone could agree that one watt isn't sufficient for that
purpose.
It's just one more example of how the special interests of the NAB sometimes
"lead the FCC" instead of the other way around.

Having a one watt nighttime authorization allows the station to pull in some
revenue, especially from syndicators. But if they're also selling local ads,
one
could see where there might be a lot of pressure on the station to "fudge"
things.

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film
100 Centerview Drive Suite 111