[IRCA] Oh, boy! More IBOC! Now on a TIS! Be still my heart!

[IRCA] Oh, boy! More IBOC! Now on a TIS! Be still my heart!

Bill,

iBiquity tested IBOC on IBB Delano's DL-4 transmitter for a week. Agreement
with IBB, that's all I know. (IBB=means VOA and/or Radio Martí, if you're
not into alphabet soup).

iBiquity engineers got in the way. We (techs) listened on a remote receiver
via Internet. I wouldn't bother to think or write about it. Expect
iBiquity's got enough influence to get time on a DOD TIS.

Maybe will get to try it on a transportable Continental 317F. Fly over Cuba
and transmit Radio
Martí-530 in IBOC. Makes sense to me, too. I was government for 32 years.

Excuse me while I calm down.

CharlieT

At 05:47 PM 4/14/2006, you wrote:
>It looks like my local "TIS" (or what I thought was a TIS) on 1680, which
>is broadcasting from
>Fort Meade, Maryland, and which location has been verified, is now
>broadcasting a digital
>signal.  It sounds ver much like IBOC (if is is something else, I can't
>tell the difference). First
>heard 4/14 at 1500 EDT.  I have to wonder for what purpose is the Federal
>Government,
>specifically, the DoD is doing broadcasting a digital signal on what was
>assumed to be a TIS.
>Is there cooperation between iBiquity and some Federal Governmental
>organzation?
>Remember that the iBiquity headquaters are located in Columbia, Maryland,
>which is about 5
>miles from the transmitter site for this signal....  I heard this station
>re-broadcasting the NOAA
>weather reports from Baltimore-Washington International Airport before
>this digital signal
>appeared.
>
>Bill Harms
>Elkridge, Maryland.