Re: [IRCA] WWBA 1040 Gone USB Reduced Carrier? 30 0150Z MAR 06; PVZ

Milspec390@xxxxxxx wrote:

>    WWBA 1040 Tampa unusual of late. Audio better above carrier, below it
> rolls off rapidly. Sony 2010 in Sync, audio loud & harsh upper position,
> all but vanishes in lower.
>
>   USB slightly shrill but LSB audio missing. AM ok but something
> discernably amiss. Similar to CHU 3330 & 7335 audio - fine above
> carrier, missing below.
>
>   Wonder what it is?  Acaba nedir, nedir?

"CAM-D" - Leonard Kahn's answer to (oh, I'm gonna regret even using the
term in a response to the Bard of Manawherever) IBOC. WWBA has been
widely rumored, though not confirmed, to be the mystery CAM-D station
written about in a certain industry trade publication not long ago.

How does CAM-D work? Like the Man in Black sang, "I don't know, I can't
say." Kahn won't disclose its inner workings, which makes it rather a
challenge to evaluate. And if you think it's hard to get your hands on a
receiver for that other digital AM system, just try finding one for
CAM-D. They don't exist.