Re: [IRCA] An ignorant question about BOGs

Re: [IRCA] An ignorant question about BOGs

20-30 feet at 45 degrees to your antenna will compromise the directivity
somewhat. I'd prefer to use a transformer, but before you do, I suggest a
little test. Run an extension cord and take your rx out in the yard and hook
it up to the antenna and see how happy you are with it. That way you make
certain you want it, prior to driving in a ground rod where you might not
want it.

200 ft is a bit short to start obtaining Beverage-like directivity with a
BOG, but still may be impressive on the high end. I prefer more like 300 ft
to several hundred feet.

However, if your land is suited to BOGs, ie not extremely wet, and also
flatish and the BOGs are actually on the ground or short grass, 200 ft //
100 ft phased should give you a nice setup for NE and SW and you'll be able
to phase one of those directions out to get the other while maintaining good
side nulls (NW and SE) assuming the wires are STRAIGHT.

73 KAZ