Re: [IRCA] Radio Martí - 1180 power and pattern

At 09:25 PM 3/19/2006, you wrote:
>Charlie,
>
>A few years back I started seeing that Radio Marti/VOA was listed as 100
>KW. So they aren't using it?

Nope.

And it's NOT VOA. Radio Martí is a sister subagency to VOA under IBB.
Studio is in Miami. Uses IBB/VOA transmitters and pays for power and
personnel.

>I did hear it is a tight pattern. By yoiur
>comment, it must be. Then from Oregon, that is a pretty good catch I
>would say. I did not know it was that tight. That reminds me of the
>stories I heard about VOA 1178 Okinawa. I heard you could not hear the
>station on the other side of the island from Naga. Now that is one tight
>pattern, especially running 1,000,000 watts!

Sad we lost it. One of the younger site assistant supervisors of VOA-1178
Okinawa became my transmitter site supervisor at Greenville and tried his
best to get me to quit. He's dead now (not my doing) and so I have no
further use for him. About not being to hear it in Naga??probably an
exaggeration.
In the Philippines, I could always hear VOA-1140 anywhere I went on Luzon
while it was on its Viêt Nam pattern.

>Patrick
>
>Patrick Martin
>
>Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
>the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.

             ---------
Charles A & Leonor L Taylor
   Greenville, North Carolina