[IRCA] OT: Radio Swan and other ghastly memories

[IRCA] OT: Radio Swan and other ghastly memories

Notice the corrected "ghastly" in the subject line.

I believe that IBB/Radio Martí  Marathon-1180 is effectively the fruition
of Sugarloaf-1040. The Army had the directive to put it on the air, and
they did a good job. When it went on the air, I think it was
non-directional off a single tower (Sorry, WHO-1040) and that the
US Army quickly got three other towers up  to give it the directivity it
needed and so it wouldn't kick WHO-1040 in the derrière.

             ---------
Charles A & Leonor L Taylor
   Greenville, North Carolina