Re: [IRCA] Wobbler 1100 ??

Nick,

A famous person once said, "If it don't wobble, it ain't a Wobbler."  Can't
recall off hand who that was.

I've tracked some strange things with Spectran too, much like what you're
seeing.  No idea what they are but from other interference I hear down here
often, I suspect they are images or harmonics from mil/gov operations --
maybe US, maybe not -- that sometimes completely wipe out select BCB
frequencies.

I get RTTY-like signals right on top of some MW channels at times.  1140
WQBA Miami -- SS, which carries a lot of content oriented toward Cubans --
is always competing with RTTY, which I have a feeling is coming from
somewhere else, wink, wink.

Other times there are these slowly drifting traces, as you say, scattered
along the band.  I have one all the time on 530 RVCI with a drifting het at
1361-1372Hz over 10 minutes.  This one has been suggested might be a TIS,
but there has never been any audio heard to confirm that.

All just part of the grand scheme to keep us on our toes, I would
guess.  If the programmers won't offer interesting content, we'll find our own.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) FL