[IRCA] Antenna Project

I put together a copper tube flag antenna this evening.  It's about 36" on a
side in a square configuration.  Feed is by a 9:1 toroid transformer and
termination is roughly 1000 ohms.

Initial tests show a cardioid pattern, though only about a 20db null.  The
null does seem symmetrical and well formed.  It's also fairly broad.
Unfortunately I'm plagued with a fair bit of electrical noise this evening
which makes testing tough.  This does seem to work a lot better on the high
end of the band.

I'll continue this work, and perhaps post a couple of pictures sometime
fairly soon.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI