Re: [IRCA] KNOM QSL

Doug Pifer - KE6GMM wrote:

> Hi All,Well...Patrick and the rest were right.  I got a verification
> back from KNOM- thanks for the motivation! I had doubted that I had
> enough information....  Sent the report to: KNOM, Ric Schmidt- GM,
> P.O. Box 988, Nome, Alaska 99762:  Received a picture postcard with
> aerial photo of Nome. Preprinted back side with a few hand written
> notes and a thanks.  It took 38 days, signed by "Ric". Used the
> postage I sent- 3- 37c stamps- on the P.C.  The general manager -
> Ric's  "bio" on the stations' website indicated that he lived in
> Albany, OR when he was younger, so I sent the report to him instead of
> the CE. Strange coincidence that I live there now.  So I took and
> included a few local photos. No, not as a bribe, just something
> interesting to include.73- Doug PiferAlbany, ORDrake R8B, Kiwa
> Loop  OT- Don, you mentioned listening to the "Culican station
> nightly" on 620.  Is this where the "water-softener guy"
> moon-lighted?    Remember the lady screeching "Hey- Culican Man!!",
> hi.- sorry coudn't help myself. (either you'll know the radio and TV
> ad or you'll think I'm crazy)
>
> Doug:

You're a dxer aren't you?  That automatically puts your sanity into a
dire questioning status!!!  Anyway, I've heard 'Hey Culligan Man' many
times (not lately tho)......However  'Culican Man' was on 710 not 620
:-).......Doug might have heard the AZ station too.........Oh, very nice
in adding KNOM to your verie collection.  Great catch!

Don K.