[IRCA] A Perfect Example

Title: Message
Driving home form work the other evening, I experienced first-hand one reason why IBOC is a bad idea and a doomed technology. Thought I'd listen to KDKA-1020, our 50-mile-distant powerhouse. What I heard was nasty, noisy, hissy audio, intelligible but annoying & not very listenable, sounding more like a 100-mile distant daytimer. I then tuned to adjacent-channel 1030 & discovered the cause: WBZ's IBOC booming in. And I was not listening as a picky-techie DXer -- I was listening as a normal Joe driving home from work! Poop on IBOC.

Fred Schroyer
Freelance Science Writer / Editorial Consultant
955 Sixth Street - Waynesburg, PA 15370
(40 air mis S of Pittsburgh - 20 air mis N of Morgantown, WV)
Home 724-627-8844 - Work 304-599-7830 x 1120
freditor@xxxxxxxxxx