Re: [IRCA] buying an IBOC receiver (was Re: BAD and BADDER NEWS!)

Re: [IRCA] buying an IBOC receiver (was Re: BAD and BADDER NEWS!)

Mike,

I sure hope you are right. IBOC we don't need....

73s,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.

--- Begin Message ---
> This may sound like a dumb question but
> where does one buy an IBOC receiver?
> Is it a car radio thing?

If you're in Canada, you will have to go stateside to buy an IBOC receiver,
presumably at Radio Schlock (which btw is now known as "the Source by
Circuit City" in Canada).  Canada is betting on the Eureka horse rather than
IBOC, so there are no plans to sell IBOC-compatable receivers here.  But
don't waste your Uncle Sam's greenbacks on a run south of the 49th.  By the
time of the Vancouver Olympics, IBOC will have gone the way of the 8-track,
quadraphonic stereo and other electronic dodos.

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON

--- End Message ---