Re: [IRCA] KRLD-1080

Willis K4APE wrote, "Rare to hear KRLD this late at night. Have them weak, in a mix, with WKJK, WTIC, and Cuba."  It's funny--I wouldn't have thought of Old Fort, Tennessee as being that far from southwestern Missouri to make such a difference in reception... but I see Old Fort is in the southeast corner of the state, so we're talking several hundred miles I guess.  Here in Missouri, while KRLD isn't as strong on their night pattern as they would be non-directional, they're still the dominant station on 1080, along with Cuba.   And the only time I've EVER logged WTIC here was during that infamous DX test several years ago that nobody ever got a QSL for....

Randy Stewart
Springfield MO

<<winmail.dat>>