Re: [IRCA] 1180 - 'La Wobblita', Reluctant Debutante; 27 0230Z JAN 06; PVZ

Re: [IRCA] 1180 - 'La Wobblita', Reluctant Debutante; 27 0230Z JAN 06; PVZ

Paul,

I kept typing stuff but no answers came out.  So rather than hit send and
hope you would find an answer I hadn't noticed, I deleted it all and will
say instead it needs further consideration.

I'll be able to undertake this contemplation tomorrow, once I get back from
the package store.

For now all I have is that I tried it on a couple receivers.  With the wide
swings of the 1100 Wobbler I could not tell any improvement by de-tuning
when using the BFO vs leaving it on frequency, in fact, de-tuning reduced
the volume.

I have used one technique that seems to work well, but I need to try your
way with one of the less violent Wobblers to see what happens.

I'll get back to you.

[No BFO's were injured during the production of this fiasco.]

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) FL